Among the wonderful posts that I’ve read this week were these gems:
- Melissa Wiseheart of A Wise Heart’s Journey told about the clues that she gleaned from the will of her ancestor Phillip Irey
- Beth Gatlin of So Many Ancestors! shared her ancestor Edward Lucas disowning his son Edward. (As I commented to her on Facebook, only a genealogist would get excited about an ancestor disowning someone!)
- Nancy Niehaus Hurley of Indiana Ties showed how she uses probate records to get details about her ancestors’ lives (in this case, Amelia (Micol) Weber)
My post this week was about Robert Darling, the brother of my ancestor Mary (Darling) Young. Robert was unmarried, but his will could prove key to researching that branch of my family tree.
Who did you write about this past week? Leave a comment below with the link to your post and a little bit about your ancestor. You never know what cousins are reading this! Also, be sure to take a look at the Week 17 recap. There could be a cousin waiting for you there!
By the way, I’m conducting a reader survey to see what types of posts you’d like to see more of here on No Story Too Small. I’d love to know what you think! (Click here for the 1-question survey.)
Upcoming Optional Themes:
- Week 19 (May 7-13) – There’s a Way
- Week 20 (May 14-20) – Black Sheep
- Week 21 (May 21-27) – Military
- Week 22 (May 28 – June 3) – Commencement