As always, there were some great posts this week. Here are just a few:
- “Genealogy Road Trip – Why Didn’t I Take Them?” by Cheri Hudson Passey on Carolina Girl Genealogy. I think we can all relate to Cheri’s question.
- “Catherine Carr Hunter,” by Elizabeth Handler on From Maine to Kentucky. Elizabeth wants to take a road trip to Pittsburgh to research Catherine. (Elizabeth, if you go, allot some time to go up the Dusquene Incline. Very cool, especially at night!)
- “The Irish Brogue and French Priests,” by Cindi on My Moynahan Genealogy Blog. Cindi discusses the challenges she’s had with finding the right parish in Ireland, made more difficult with some language issues.
As for my road trip (or plane trip, as the case may be), I’m in Utah right now. I had a free day and, surprisingly, didn’t go to the Family History Library. Here’s why I skipped it.
Who did you write about this week? Leave a comment with a link to your post. Be sure to share a little bit about that ancestor — that’s how cousin bait works! Don’t forget to go look at the posts from Week 27. Maybe someone wrote about one of your ancestors!
Upcoming Optional Themes:
- Week 29 (July 16-22) – Musical
- Week 30 (July 23-29) – Challenging
The optional themes for August will be posted on Monday!