I think I might be turning into the black sheep of the family. This is two weeks in a row that I haven’t blogged as part of the challenge. Sigh.
Among the many posts I enjoyed reading this week were:
- “Black Sheep: John Goodenow (Capt.)” by Celia Lewis on Twigs and Trees. Gotta love it when you find your ancestor in a book titled Sex in Middlesex.
- “Edward Kaser and Sons, a Sad Family Story,” by Vera Marie Badertscher on Ancestors in Aprons. It’s a tale with ties to The Shawshank Redemption.
- “Henry Martin Miller of Ripley County, Indiana,” on Elusive Ancestor Hunter. He wasn’t a black sheep, but I have to hand it to anyone researching Millers in Indiana!
Who did you write about last week? We’d love to hear about them! Leave a comment below with a link to your post. Be sure to include the person’s name and a bit about them. You never know when I cousin will come along and find you!
And during this holiday weekend, spend some time reading the posts from Week 19. There are some wonderful posts there!
Upcoming Optional Themes:
- Week 21 (May 21-27) – Military
- Week 22 (May 28 – June 3) – Commencement
- June themes